XI International Piano Competition „Young Virtuoso”
Podkarpacka Foundation for the Development of Culture
In accordance with clause 7, subclause 1 (§ 7 pkt. 1 statutu), the Podkarpacka Foundation for the Development of Culture realizes its goals through the organization of the International Piano Competition “Young Virtuoso” (Międzynarodowego Konkursu Pianistycznego „Młody Wirtuoz”) in Sanok, Poland.
- The XI International Piano Competition “Young Virtuoso” (henceforth called the Competition), which will take place 03-04.02.2020 in Sanok is organized by the Podkarpacka Foundation for the Development of Culture (henceforth called the Foundation)
- The goal of this competition is the showcase the successes and achievements of students, while also conglomerating teachers to prompt the exchange of ideas, experiences and knowledge regarding Piano Pedagogy.
- The Competition is addressed to participants of the XV International Piano Forum „Bieszczady without Borders” as well as Applicants who register to take part in the Competition. The Participants will be perform before 3 Jury Panels in one of the following age-based :
a) Group I – Participants born between the years 2007 and 2008
b) Group II – Participants born in the year 2009
c) Group III – Participants born 2010 or later
- Auditions will be held in the Concert Hall of the W. Kossakowa State School of Music in Sanok on 03.02.2020, starting 8:30am
- Each Participant is required to prepare two pieces of their choice or a cycle that lasts 3-10 minutes. Performance from memory is required.
- To take part, it is required that each Applicant send a completed Registration Form via email as well as submit the Registration Fee by 31.12.2019 to the Foundation. The form may be found in the link below: https://konkurs.interpiano.pl/pol/aplikacja/aplikacja_zgloszeniowa_konkurs
- A Concert for the Laureates of last years (X) Edition of the Competition, along with the Laureates awarded at the XI Edition of the Competition is planned to take place on 04.02.2020, at 15:00 (3pm) at the Concert Hall at the W.Kossakowa State School of Music in Sanok, That same day, an Award Ceremony is planned to take place where awards and diplomas will be distributed by Professor Viera Nosina, Professor Andrzej Tatarski, and Professor Jaroslaw Drzewiecki.
- The Jury will award the titles „Gold Virtuoso”, „Silver Virtuoso”, and Bronze Virtuoso” depending on the points given to the Participant, along with a “Grand Prix” award in the case where full marks are given.
- In the event that the Participant is not present to obtain their reward, awards which are material nature will be automatically forfeited.
- Members of the Jury Panels will be comprised of Pedagogues participating at the IX Master School of Piano Pedagogy (IX Mistrzowskiej Szkoły Pedagogiki Fortepianowej), 2020 Edition.
- The Piano Pedagogue the successfully prepares the most Laureates in the Competition will be awarded a monetary award.
- To participate in the Course, it is required that each Applicant to pay a Registration Fee of 180 PLN/ €50/1500 UAH, deposited at the following account:
To: Podkarpacka Fundacja Rozwoju Kultury
Address: ul. 3 Maja 15/3, 38-500 Sanok
PEKAO SA nr 64 1240 2340 1111 0010 7473 4132
2. The Registration Fee should be paid within 7 work days following the submission of Registration Form.
3. Active Participants registered to take part in the XV International Piano Forum “Bieszczady without Borders” that have selected the “Young Virtuoso” as their course of choice are exempt from paying the above fee. More details may be found in the following link: https://forum.interpiano.pl/pol/4
4. In the event that the Applicant resigns;
a) After 01.01.2020, the registration fee will not be refunded
b) Prior to 01.01.2020, the Applicant will be reimbursed the registration fee minus the handling cost of a maximum of 10% the registration fee.
- Changes in the Regulations for the Competition are made by the Committee of the Foundation.
- Regulations of the Competition are binding once the application form is received and continue to be binding until the conclusion of the Competition or once the Applicant’s resignation is confirmed.